JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern 2018
1. JIPMER UG Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
2. JIPMER MBBS examination shall be held on Sunday, 04th JUNE, 2018.
3. The duration of JIPMER MBBS examination shall be 2½ hours ( Two hours and Thirty minutes ).
4. The Online (CBT) JIPMER Entrance Examination will be conducted in two shifts :
- Morning Shift / First shift : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Afternoon Shift / Second shift : 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
5. Therefore all candidates will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 04th JUNE, 2018 in either one of the shifts (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM (OR) 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM) as allotted by the competent authority.
6. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the Admit Card.
7. No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination unless he/she holds a valid "Admit Card" issued by the Institute and a proof of their identification.
METHOD OF JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2018 :
1. JIPMER UG examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
2. JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects. and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below :-
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
3. The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2018 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
4. Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test ( online examination ). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2018.
SUMMARY OF JIPMER UG EXAMINATION PATTERN 2018 :
1. Allocation of shift : Random
2. Location of Examination Centres : Tentatively 75 cities in India
3. Type of Examination : Objective Type
4. Number of Questions : One Paper of 200 ( Two Hundred ) Questions (MCQs)
5. Marking Scheme :
- Correct Answer : Four marks (+)4
- Incorrect Answer : 0
- Unanswered : 0
6. Method of Cut-Off :
Percentile corresponding to following Percentages : General-50%, OBC ( Non-Creamy Layer )-45%, SC/ST - 40%. In case percentile of both shifts are unequal the lower percentile of both shits shall be the cut off
7. Method of determining merit : Overall merit by merging of Percentiles of Total scores of both shifts [First & Second shifts ]
8. Method of resolving ties :
In the following order :
- Percentile in Biology
- Percentile Chemistry
- Percentile in Physics Percentile in English Language and Comprehension
- Percentile in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning Seniority by age