JIPMER MBBS Exam Date 2019
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Puducherry MBBS Entrance Examination and admission for the session 2019- 2020.
JIPMER UG Entrance Exam 2019 : 2th JUNE, 2019 ( Sunday )
1. DURATION OF JIPMER MBBS COURSE :
Duration of JIPMER MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER followed by ONE year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship for award of Degree.
2. DISTRIBUTION OF JIPMER MBBS SEATS :
JIPMER Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats
( 150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal )
VERTICAL RESERVATION :
HORIZONTAL RESERVATION :
ORTHOPEDICALLY HANDICAPPED (OPH) :
|P - OPH||1||-||1|
The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
3. DEFINITIONS OF CATEGORIES :
(i) Unreserved (UR) means a candidate who is an Indian national satisfying the requirement of eligibility as prescribed by the Medical Council of India.
(ii) Other Backward Classes (OBC) (NON-Creamy Layer) :- Applicants are required to ensure that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Column 3 of the Schedule to the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training O.M. No. 36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 08/09/93 which is modified vide OM No. 36033/3/2004 Estt. (Res.) dated 09/03/2004 or the latest notification of the Government of India (ie. Central list) in support of his/her claim. Kindly click the following link to see the central list of OBC http://www.ncbc.nic.in/User_Panel/CentralListStateView.aspx OBC Certificate. Certificate to be produced during counseling should NOT be older than ONE Year on date of 1st Counseling. ( Between 26.06.2017 and 27.06.2019 ).
(iii) Scheduled Caste / Tribe (SC / ST) :- Applicants will be required to produce the necessary certificate in the format provided. During counseling the certificate as prescribed in M.H.A., O.M., No. 42/21/49-N.G.S. dated the 28.1.1952, as revised in Dept. of Per-& A.R. letter No. 36012/6/76-Est. (S.CT), dated the 29.10.1977, to be produced by candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe in support of his/her claim. SC/ST Certificate
(iv) OPH – Orthopedic Physically Challenged :- The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his/her physical disability conforming to judgment of Supreme Court of India i.e.
- With the approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India vide letter no. 18018/2/2009-ME (P-1) dated 17.02.2009 it has been decided that while providing reservation in admission to medical course in the first instance candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% shall be considered and in case such candidates are not available then candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be considered.
- The disability certificate should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Government Hospitals / Institutions.
- The suitability of the candidates’ disability ( Locomotor ) will be assessed with regards to patient safety norms for due certification by the Medical Board, JIPMER.
- The decision of the JIPMER Medical Board is final in this regard.
(v) Puducherry – Unreserved (P-UR) :- A candidate is considered to belong to the UT of Puducherry (P-UR), if he/she satisfies at least one of the following domicile criteria :
- Those candidates or whose parent (either mother or father or both) or Guardian (in the case of children who have lost both parents) has been residing continuously in this Union territory for at least five years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Those who have passed SSLC / HSC or any other public examination and for that purpose had undergone academic studies continuously for 5 successive classes immediately preceding the qualifying examination ( including the year of the qualifying examination ) in recognized education institutions (s) located in Puducherry Union Territory and having their residence in the Puducherry Union Territory for 5 years continuously during that period.
- Children whose parents are Central Government Servants, State Government Servants, Defence Personnel, Central Paramilitary Forces, Employees of Public Sector Undertakings wholly or substantially run either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry union Territory administration, posted and serving in the Puducherry Union Territory for at least a minimum continuous period of three years immediately prior to the last date of submission of application AND Children of the above said employees should have studied in the Higher Secondary Course of two years in any of the schools in the U.T. of Puducherry and should have also passed the Higher Secondary Examination from the same school. [G.O. Ms. No. 04, Puducherry, dated 09-02-2016 of the Chief Secretariat, (Hr. & Tech. Edn.) Puducherry].
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed or disabled in action and who have declared Puducherry as their hometown.
(vi) Puducherry Other Backward Classes (P-OBC) means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definitions of categories (ii) as well as (v)
(vii) Puducherry Scheduled Caste (P-SC) means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definitions of categories (iii) as well as (v)
(viii) Puducherry Orthopedic Physically Challenged (P-OPH) means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definition of categories (iv) as well as (v)
(ix) Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) means as follows :- OCI registered under section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test for the 6 seats available and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 along with the application to be eligible to appear for this test.
Certificate of registration as OCI issued by the Competent Authority should be produced at the time of admission.
NRI / OCIs would be considered for admission ONLY against the unreserved category in the event of them NOT submitting their application under Self Financing Scheme