JIPMER MBBS Eligibility 2018
(i) The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
(ii) He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2018, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2001. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants). No upper age limit.
(iii) The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below :
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER MBBS Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
Note : Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2018 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria (i) (ii) & (iii) are satisfied.