JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2018
JIPMER UG COUNSELLING PROCESS :
1. The candidate called for counselling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stipulated in the Call Letter.
2. Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
3. The Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Hall ticket
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- NON RESIDENT INDIAN
- Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India
Note : If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer should be produced.
4. If the candidates’ Biometric finger print, Image and Certificates are found in order, He/She is eligible to attend the counselling.
It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present i.e in person for counseling on the day. No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counseling in person, she/he will be marked absent and her/his candidature will stand cancelled.
- In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by open (UR) & Orthopedically Candidates (OPH) would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counseling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC.
- Next, reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates will be counselled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. (During this process, if a candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC who had taken admission under open (UR) of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit).
- Next, the seats to be filled by UT of Puducherry UR/OBC/SC/OCI/NRI candidates will be counselled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. (During this process, if a candidate belonging to UT of Puducherry UR/OBC/SC candidates who had taken admission under open (UR) or reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) or reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit).
JIPMER MBBS FIRST COUNSELLING :
1. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Puducherry first counselling for various categories will be in the following order and scheduled (Tentative) as detailed below :-
|Sl.No.||Order of Category||Counselling Date
|1||OPH & P-OPH ( Medical Examination )||June, 2018|
|2||UR/OPH & P-OPH||June, 2018|
|4||Puducherry-UR/OBC/SC & NRI/OCI||June, 2018|
2. In each category the total no. of candidate to be called for counseling will be 10 times the no.of seats available in each category.
3. If a candidate has opted/chosen for JIPMER, Puducherry, he/she will not be allowed to change JIPMER, Karaikal & vice versa. . i.e Sliding will not be allowed from JIPMER, Puducherry to JIPMER, Karaikal and vice versa. He / She will not be eligible for the second counselling.
4. If a candidate who has not opted/chosen in the first counselling. he/ she will be eligible to attend the second counselling.
JIPMER MBBS SECOND COUNSELLING :
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Puducherry Second counselling will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus. i.e 19th JULY 2018 (Tentative Date)
- The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his/her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counseling.
- A candidate who is present for the first counseling but does not opt / exercise option at his/her category rank will be eligible to attend second counseling.
- The order of the second counselling will be OPH/UR/OBC/SC/ST/Puducherry-UR/OBC/ SC &NRI/OCI (Subject to availability of seats vacant)
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counseling due to candidate's not opting/ joining, will be available for the third counseling (Tentative Date – 23.08.2018).
- Any seat remaining vacant after the third counseling due to candidate's not opting/ joining, will be available for the Open counseling (Date will be intimated in JIPMER Website).
- In Open Counseling, All candidates who are eligible by the merit list can attend this open counselling irrespective of their previous attendance and counselling will be on the basis of merit rank.
Counselling of Choosing for JIPMER Puducherry (OR) JIPMER Karaikal :
|First Counseling (Tentative) :||27th to 29th June, 2018|
|Second Counseling (Tentative) :||25th July, 2018|
|Third Counselling (Tentative) :||20th August, 2018|
|Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc…)||July 2018 8.00 AM. For the Students who have opted to Join in JIPMER, Karaikal|
|July 2018 8.00 AM For the Students who have opted to join in JIPMER, Puducherry|
|Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation||July 2018 (Monday) For Karaikal Students
July 2018 For Puducherry Students
|Commencement of Course||05.07.2018 09.00 AM|
|Close of Admissions for MBBS 2018
|30.09.2018 (Sunday) 01.00 PM.|