AIIMS MBBS Eligibility 2018
1. AIIMS UG Age Limit :
- Should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission 2018
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 2001 are NOT eligible to apply.
2. Essential Qualification for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 :
- Should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme / Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent Examination of a recognized University / Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY as subject.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject and expect to pass the Examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying Examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks.
- If the Institute has to consider an Examination of an Indian University or of a foreign / university to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme / Intermediate Science Examination, the candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University / Association of the Indian Universities to the effect that the examination passed by him/her is considered by them to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme / Intermediate.
3. AIIMS MBBS Minimum Marks :
The minimum aggregate of the marks in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY obtained in the qualifying examination required for appearing in this examination are :
- General and OBC candidates : 60%
- SC/ST/OPH Candidates : 50%
- Those with CGPA Grades only will have to apply the Conversion Factor in the Application Form. The Conversion Factor should be as approved by their respective Examination Board.
4. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) (Common to AIIMS New Delhi & Six other AIIMS) :
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear for this test.
5. Foreign Nationals (Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only) :
Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to AIIMS MBBS Course.
Foreign candidates nominated by the Government are NOT required to appear at AIIMS MBBS Competitive Entrance Examination.