AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2018
AIIMS UG MERIT LIST 2018
Based on the result of the Competitive Entrance Examination, merit lists will be prepared based on Percentile Scores :
- Common Merit List : Subject to the Government of India, DOPT. O.M.No. 36011/1/98. Estt. (Res), Dated 1st July 1998, it is clarified that only such SC/ST/OBC candidates who are selected on the same standard as applied to general candidates shall not be adjusted against reserved vacancies. In other words, when a relaxed standard is applied in selecting an SC/ST/OBC candidates, for example in the age-limit, experience, qualification, permitted number of chances in written examination, extended zone of consideration larger than what is provided for General category candidates etc. the SC/ST/OBC candidates are to be counted against reserved vacancies. Such candidates would be deemed as unavailable for consideration against the unreserved vacancies. Therefore a reserved candidate will be considered on General Seat only if no relaxation of the eligibility level (i.e. % of marks) and at cut-off level in AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination.
- Scheduled Caste candidates list
- Scheduled Tribe candidates list
- Other Backward Classes candidates list
The Counseling for allocation of all seven AIIMS for admission to MBBS course will be held at AIIMS, New Delhi. Details of the schedule will be intimated in the counseling letters which will be uploaded on website www.aiimsexams.org.
In each category i.e. UR, OBC, SC & ST, the total no. of candidate to be called for counseling will be 4 times the number. of seats available in each category.
All reserved category candidates who qualify in the open (general) merit list ( 4 times of the open category seats i.e. up to rank number 1348 ) shall necessarily attend the counseling for open category seats. If he/she is not present or if present, fails to or refuses to take a seat in open category, he/she shall not be allowed for attending the counseling for reserved seats.
Those candidates from reserved category, who qualify & are allotted seats in open merit and wish to change his/her choice of institute under respective reserved category, will be required to participate in counseling for seats in these categories.
AIIMS MBBS COUNSELLING OVERVIEW
Those called for counseling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stated in the Call Letter along with the following documents / certificates in original :
- Admit Card
- Call Letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Proof of Date of Birth – Matriculation / High School Certificate, Birth Certificate issued by local Municipal Corporation office indicating name and date of birth of the candidate.
- Certificate / Mark sheet from the Board from which the candidate passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination and secured 60% marks (for UR and OBC candidates) or above in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry (Organic & Inorganic) and Biology (Botany & Zoology). In case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates, candidates should have secured 50% marks or above in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry (Organic & Inorganic) and Biology (Botany & Zoology).
- Migration certificate from the University / Board last attended the candidate.
- Certificate from the prescribed authority on the prescribed form as appended in the Prospectus showing that candidates belong to SC/ST/OBC/OPH category (applicable only If you have claimed in application that belong to a SC/ST/OBC/OPH category) (*OBC certificate should be valid for central government jobs / Central Government Institutions only, otherwise claim for OBC reservation will not be considered).
- Current passport size photograph (front pose) 6 copies.
- One set of self attested copies of all the certificates.
It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present i.e in person for counseling on the day as given above. No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counseling in person, she/he will be marked absent and her/his candidature will stand cancelled.
AIIMS MBBS COUNSELING PROCESS :
The following process will be adopted for counseling for all 7 AIIMS.
- In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by open (UR) competition would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counseling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC.
- Next, reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates will be counseled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. During this process, if a candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC who had taken admission under open competition, opts for other institution of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit. The process of counseling adopted by AIIMS, New Delhi is in line of Hon’ble Supreme Court’s Judgment in case of Samta Aandolan Samiti & Anr. Vs. Union of India & Ors.
All reserved category candidates who qualify in the open (general) merit list shall necessarily attend the counseling for open category seats and shall exercise his/her option and then if, he/she desires to opt for a different institution in his/her respective reserved category, he/she may attend the counseling meant for that reserved category.
- If he/she is not present or if present, fails to or refuses to take a seat in open category, he/she shall not be allowed for attending the counseling for reserved seats.
- He/she cannot opt for institution under reservation, if he/she had already opted the same institution in open category.
1. In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by open (UR) competition would be filled up first, wherein the candidates should be called for counseling strictly by merit alone till the last unreserved seat is filled, irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC.
2. The counseling for reserved category seat (which will also be strictly by merit) would commence only after filling up of all the unreserved seats (i.e. open category seats).
3. If a meritorious reserved candidate belonging to SC / ST / OBC category, who has taken an unreserved seat in any institution after attending the open merit counseling, subsequently exercises his/her option to join a different institute in the reserved category counseling, the seat so vacated by this candidate would be available to next meritorious candidate belonging to that particular reserved category only. In other words If SC/ST/OBC candidate gets a seat in any institution under the unreserved category and if he/she opts different institution under reserved category of his/her choice the resultant vacated unreserved seat shall be allotted to same category candidate in order of merit. i.e. The vacated seat of meritorious reserved category would be immediately added to the seats available under that reserved category in the institute he/she had opted during counseling for UR seat.
Note : For example - if a SC meritorious candidate who has initially opted a X institution from open category, vacates a seat in open category because he wants to take Y institution from reserved category during his counseling in reserved category, the same seat (i.e. UR seat of X institute ) which is vacated by him/her shall be made available to the next SC candidate in order of merit.
4. For allocation of seats, candidates are required to be present in person. Candidates will exercise their choice of the Institute when called during the counseling as per their rank in respective category. Choice thus made will be final.
5. The following are the allocated seats in various AIIMS for Indian Nationals.
|Name of Institution||Total seats||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||100||50||27||15||8|
*3% OPH reservation as per rules will be provided in each institute.
6. Those candidates who opt for AIIMS, New Delhi and are allotted seat in AIIMS, New Delhi, will be required to report at 9:00 AM on 7th & 8th July, 2018 for medical Academic and admission formalities. These students are required to report for orientation program which will commence on 10th July 2018 and joining on this date is mandatory for all. They will also have to attend orientation program from 13th to 19th July, 2018.
7. Those selected for AIIMS Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, and Rishikesh would be guided by the help desk counter of respective AIIMS at the venue of counseling (i.e. Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi). The help desk will provide the details of the admission process in their respective AIIMS.
8. In case during the open selection, if any ST seat remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of ST category) then these vacant seats will be transferred to SC category and vice versa. Any SC/ST seats which remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of SC/ST category) shall be made available to the general category. Similarly, in case the OBC seats remains vacant after calling all eligible OBC candidates, then these vacant seats shall be made available to the general category candidates.
9. Inter se merit of two or more candidates in the same category obtaining equal total Percentile Scores in the competitive Entrance Examination will be determined in order of :
- Candidates obtaining higher in Biology in the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher in Chemistry in the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher in Physics in the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
|PROPOSED COUNSELING SCHEDULE TO BE HELD AT AIIMS, NEW DELHI|
|1||First Counseling||3rd to 6h July, 2018|
|2||Medical Examination of selected candidates for Delhi, AIIMS||7th & 8th July,2018 (Friday & Saturday)|
|3||Second Counseling||3rd August, 2018 (Thursday)|
|4||Third Counseling||4th September, 2018 (Monday)|
|5||Open Counseling||27th September, 2018 (Wednesday)|
|ORIENTATION & ACADEMIC PROGRAMME|
|12||General Orientation of New Batch including visit to CRHSP Ballabhgarh Community Development Block||10th - 12th July, 2018|
|13||Orientation Programme by CREST- 7 days||13th to 19th July, 2018|
|14||Teacher Mentors Programme Interactive Session/Feed back session about orientation Program for 1 day||20th July, 2018|
|15||Candidates leave||20th July to 31st July, 2018|
|16||Academic Program [Classes begin]||1st August, 2018|
|ADMISSION TO SIX OTHER AIIMS|
|17||Admission details will be available in the websites of the respective institutions
Counters and officials from these institutions will be available at AIIMS, New Delhi during Counseling
|Expected August, 2018|