AIIMS PG Examination Pattern 2018
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Examination shall be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- AIIMS Examination shall be held on Saturday, the 7th April, 2018.
- The duration of the examination shall be 3 hours (Three hours / 180 minutes) for MD/MS Courses and 11 ⁄ 2 hours (One and a half hours / 90 minutes) for MDS Courses.
- AIIMS Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in one shift : Timing - MD/MS: 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM MDS: 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
- AIIMS examination centres are tentatively proposed in 71 cities all over India.
Type of AIIMS PG Paper
- AIIMS Competitive Entrance Examination will have one paper in English consisting of for MD /MS : 200 (Two hundred) Objective Type ( Multiple Choice Type ) questions.
- For MDS : 80 (Eighty) Objective Type (Multiple Choice Type) questions.
AIIMS PG Subjects
- AIIMS Entrance Test for MD/MS will consist of multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at M.B.B.S. level.
- AIIMS Entrance Test for MDS, will consist of multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at BDS level.
Summary of AIIMS Examination Pattern 2018
1. Mode of Examination : Computer Based Test (CBT) / Online
2. Duration of Examination : MD/MS: 3 hours (Three Hours / 180 Minutes)
MDS : 1.5 Hours (One hour and thirty minutes / 90 Minutes)
3. Number of Shifts : 01 (One)
4. Timing of Examination : MD / MS : 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
MDS : 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
5. Location of Examination Centres : Tentatively 71 Cities in India
6. Language of Paper : English
7. Type of Examination : Objective Type
8. Number of Questions : MD / MS : One Paper of 200 MCQ (Two Hundred)
MDS : One Paper of 80 MCQ (Eighty)
9. Type of Objective Questions : Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
10. Marking Scheme : Correct Answer : One mark (+)1
Incorrect Answer : Minus one-third (−)1/3
Unanswered / Marked for Review : 0
11. Method of Cut-Off : Percentile : 50th Percentile
12. Method of determining merit : Overall merit by ranking of Percentiles
13. Method of Resolving Ties : Higher aggregate in all subjects in MBBS /BDS Seniority by age.