AIIMS PG Counselling 2018
The open counselling for AIIMS PG [MD/MS/M.Ch. (6 Years) / MDS] Courses at AIIMS for January 2018 Session.
METHOD OF AIIMS PG COUNSELING
1. All the selected candidates are advised to download their counseling call letter
- In each category the number of candidates call for counseling will be 8 times the number of seats. The order of counseling will be General/50% AIIMS preferential candidates of total MBBS seats of AIIMS/ST/SC/OBC. The counseling will be done strictly by combined merit list starting from Rank No.1. The candidates in order of merit will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of seats. In case of absentee, the next candidate in merit will be considered. When a reserved category candidate (who is in combined merit list) is called according to combined merit list, he/she will simultaneously be given an option to exercise his/her choice of subject both in unreserved category and his/her concerned reserved category. If such a candidate opts for the subject which is available at the time of his/her counseling, both in unreserved category and reserved category, he/she will be given seat only from unreserved category as he/she is in merit and will be treated as unreserved candidate and will consume an unreserved seat. He/she will begiven the reserved seat only when his/her choice of the subject is available in the reserved category only, not in unreserved category and then will consume a reserved seat. When all the seats of unreserved category are finished then only counseling for reserved category will be conducted.
Counseling will be held as per schedule given under "IMPORTANT DATES AT A GLANCE".
- In case, during the open counselling any ST seat remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of ST category) then this seat will be made available to the eligible SC category candidate and vice versa and even after doing this, if any, SC/ST seat remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of SC/ST category) then this vacant seat shall be made available to the eligible General Category candidate. Similarly, in case the OBC seat remains vacant after calling all eligible OBC candidates then this vacant OBC seat shall be made available to the eligible General Category candidate.
2. All the candidates must bring the original certificates i.e. “Date of birth (matriculation certificate), proof of belonging to SC/ST/OBC (if applicable), MBBS/BDS mark sheets (including separate mark sheet for each of the professional examinations), Degree, Internship Completion Certificate, Permanent Medical Registration Certificate etc.”
3. Candidate will have the right to choose any one of available seats in the discipline of his/her choice at his/her turn as per merit at the time of counseling and confirmed seat will be allotted to him/her after submission of requisite undertaking that he/she has not already done or pursuing MD/MS/MDS course in any subject at the time of counseling. However, if a seat opted by candidate is not available at his/her rank/turn then he/she can choose another subject provisionally and his provisional seat or seat available at his/her turn will be confirmed only in the second counseling.
4. All the candidates who have been allotted confirmed seat during 1st counseling shall deposit fee and after getting themselves medically examined by a Medical Board constituted by the Institute, they will join the course. If they fail to deposit fee/join after depositing fee, then they would lose to them and the seat allotted such candidates will not be eligible for 2nd counseling.
5. Any candidate (Indian citizen) who has taken admission elsewhere in India & Abroad and have deposited all his/her original certificates with that concerned College/Institution will be allowed to attend the first counseling at AIIMS subject to the condition that he/she provides the documentary evidence from the said College regarding deposition of documents in that College. A seat purely on provisional basis will be offered to him/her depending upon the availability of a seat at his/her rank and the choice exercised by the candidate. A confirmed PG seat during the 2nd counseling will only be allotted to such candidate after submission of requisite undertaking as mentioned in preceding Para, resignation acceptance letter/order issued by that college/Institute and after depositing all original certificates.
6. In case due to unavoidable circumstances any candidate is not in a position to appear in person on the notified date of 1st counseling, his/her authorized representative with an Undertaking and Authority letter for allotment (Proforma for Undertaking and Authority Letter of call letter) may participate along with original documents/production of documentary evidence from the college about retaining of original documents by that college/institute, if candidate has taken admission elsewhere. In such cases, a seat will be offered purely on provisional basis at his/her turn and same will be confirmed only if candidate attends 2nd counseling himself/herself and submits requisite undertaking, produces the resignation acceptance letter/order issued by that college/Institute (if applicable) and deposits all original certificates.
7. If the candidate/authorized representative of candidate fails to report in 1st counseling, then his/her candidature will not be considered for 2nd Counseling.
8. Candidates or their authorized representatives participating in the counseling process are required to maintain proper decorum/discipline at the time of counseling.
9. In case of any dispute arising out of the allocation of a seat at the time of counseling. The decision of the Chairperson of the Counseling Committee will be final.
10. All disputes pertaining to the conduct of the examination by the AIIMS, and the allocation of seats in various subjects by counseling will be subject to the jurisdiction in the High Court of Delhi.
11. The selected candidates shall undergo a medical examination by the Board appointed by the Institute and if found medically fit will join the course on 1st January, 2018 after depositing the requisite fee. They shall forfeit all their claims to the PG seats if they do not join by 28th February, 2018 and fee deposited by them will not be refunded. No candidate, in any circumstances, shall be allowed to join after 28th February, 2018. While reporting for admission, candidates must bring all the relevant certificates/documents, in original. These original documents will be kept with the institute till his/her completion of the course.
12. No TA/DA will be paid by the Institute to the candidate for appearing in entrance examination and for attending the counseling/joining the course.
Second Counseling to be held on 19.12.2016 (Monday)
- The order of the second counseling will be General/50% AIIMS preferential candidates of total MBBS seats of AIIMS/ST/SC/OBC.
- Candidates who had opted seats provisionally under group 2 will be allotted a confirmed seat only in those subject which they had provisionally opted in the first counseling and/or the subjects which are available at his/her turn as per merit during the 2nd counseling.
- Group 2 and 3 from first counseling will be eligible to attend the second counseling as specified in clauses F (c) & (d).
- A candidate belonging to group 2 would lose the seat allotted provisionally in the first counseling, if he/she does not attend the second counseling.
- In the second counseling, all the seats will be confirmed seats.
Open Counselling to be held on 24.02.2018 (Friday)
- There will be Open Counselling for the seats that remain vacant after 2nd Counseling.
- In addition to that any seat vacated by the candidate, who had been allotted confirmed seat in 1st/2nd counseling, by way of surrender resignation / cancellation / mismatch of biometric verification etc. by 1:00 PM on 17th February, 2018 (Friday) will be included in the vacant seats available as mentioned in the preceding point for Open Counselling. The final list of all the vacant seats including seats vacated as mentioned above will be displayed on AIIMS website by 5:00 PM on 17th February, 2018 (Friday).
- Any seat failing vacant after 01:00 PM on 17th February, 2018 (Friday) will be advertised in the next session i.e. July, 2018
- The candidates who are interested in attending open counselling on the scheduled date will be required to register themselves online for Open Counselling on the AIIMS website i.e.www.aiimsexams.org. The online registration will open on 20.02.2018 at 10:00 A.M. and close on 22.02.2018 at 5:00 P.M. & on the day of counseling they will have to produce printout of the slip issued to them at the time of online registration for open counselling alongwith all original certificates of qualification.
AIIMS PG Spot Counselling
If seats are vacant after open counselling, the seats will be filled by spot counselling at the respective AIIMS separately & information will be given in newspaper & will also be displayed on website of respective AIIMS. The date will be decided later on by the respective AIIMS, if required.
1. Candidates will not be allowed to attend open counselling without the production of print out of registration Slip issued for open counselling at the time of online registration.
2. Candidate applying under OBC category must possess valid caste certificate issued within last one year by the competent authority & before the date of first counseling. The certificate must be valid for admission in Central Government Institution. Date of validity of certificate shall be considered as 07.12.2016 (one-day prior the 1st Counseling).